Police: Hudson Valley Man Threatens People With Machete, Near Child
A local man is accused of threatening a number of people with a machete in the presence of a child.
On Wednesday around 4:00 p.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff's Office responded to a 911 call for a man wielding a machete and making threats towards several people.
Upon arrival, deputies found and arrested 23-year-old Nicholas R. Rodriguez of Kerhonkson. He was charged with menacing, criminal possession of a weapon and endangering the welfare of a child, all misdemeanors, as well as the violation of harassment.
Rodriguez was arraigned in the Town of Rochester Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 secured bond.
- 3 Winning Lottery Tickets Sold In the Hudson Valley
- The Horror! Hudson Valley Halloween Stores Now Open
- A.G.: Woodbury Commons Had Monopoly On Outlet Shopping
- More Information Released In Police Involved Shooting at Hudson Valley Home
- Trump Flag Allegedly Stolen From Hudson Valley Home
- New York Giants Legend Spotted in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley