Police: Hudson Valley Mother Leaves Child In Parked Car at Walmart
A local mother is accused of leaving her young child in a parked car as she went to shop at a Hudson Valley Walmart.
On Friday evening, the Ulster Police Department received a call about a child who was left unattended in a car that was parked in the parking lot at Walmart.
An investigation revealed that 30-year-old Candice R. Hagen of Kingston left her 5-year-old child unattended for an extended period of time while she was inside the Walmart store, police say.
Hagen was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor. The child was found in good health, police say.
The Ulster Police Department was assisted by Ulster County Child Protective Services.
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Second Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
- Beware: Man Trying To Lure Children Into Car in the Hudson Valley
- Help Needed to Find 2 Missing Hudson Valley Men
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered By Teen, Police Say
- Police: Teen Poses as Police Officer, Attempts To Lure Woman into Car
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley