The Hudson Valley’s Top Drive-In Movie Theaters
With the weather starting to heat up, it’s time to enjoy all that the Hudson Valley has to offer. If you’re looking for something different to do, how about watching a movie outdoors? We’re fortunate to have several great drive ins in the area. Our friends over at Hudson Valley Magazine took a look at some of the quality theaters… (for show times just click the name).
- Hyde Park Drive In – Located right off route 9 in Hyde Park across from the FDR museum and library, you can catch double features every night this summer. With room for almost 700 cars, there’s plenty of room for you and your friends. You can even bring your dog.
- The Overlook Drive-In – Overlook Drive In in Poughkeepsie features one of the largest screens in the tri-state area. Standing at over 6 stories tall, if you forget your glasses you’ll still be able to see the screen. They’re open 7 days a week all summer and Monday nights are bargain night.
- Warwick Drive In Theater – Located at 5 Warwick Turnpike, they feature multiple screens and a park-like setting. They even offer home cooked food free wifi. And nothing says “home” like free wifi.
- Hi-Way Drive In – Located north of Kingston between Catskill and Coxscakie, this Drive In features multiple screens, double features and is another dog friendly establishment.
- Fair Oaks Drive In – Fair Oaks in Middletown was initially supposed to be closed for the 2014 season but they are back and open for business.
- Amenia Drive In – Having just opened last year, this theater features a 56 foot wide screen and the concession stand is packed with goodies. There’s even a playground for the kids.
Our local drive in movie theaters need your support to continue operating. Thanks for going to the movies (outside)!