Ulster County Teen Tampered With Witness, Police Say
An Ulster County woman is accused of assaulting a witness and telling the woman she was going to harm her more, or her family, if she went to the police.
Jenah M. Hammel, 18, of Ellenville was charged with tampering with a witness, a felony, and misdemeanors for assault and endangering the welfare of a minor.
On Thursday around 7:45 p.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff's Office responded to Tuthill Avenue in the Village of Ellenville.
Hammel met with the victim and drove to Cox Road in Cragsmoor, where a physical altercation between the two occurred, police say. The victim was then driven back to her residence. The unnamed woman was later treated at Ellenville Hospital for undisclosed injuries suffered by Hammel.
Hammel is accused of telling the woman the she would cause more harm to her or her family if the victim called police.
Hammel was arraigned in the Village of Ellenville Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $500 cash bail or $1,000 property bond.
- 4 Mississippi Marine Corps Plane Crash Victims Had Hudson Valley Connections
- Hudson Valley Teen Sentenced For Attempted Murder
- Hudson Valley Used Car Dealer Guilty of Defrauding Customers
- Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Man Crashes Car, Exposes Self to Female Cop
- New York State Police Honors K-9 Unit
Take a look at the Top-5 news stories from the Hudson Valley over the past week